There are five reasons organizations get stuck in the mud. Any of these sound familiar to you?
“Kodak refused to change with the advent of digital cameras”. Blockbuster stayed shackled to its business plan despite the growing popularity of streaming video.
Why do companies resist change?
- Change disrupts cultural equilibrium
- Rigid organizational structures foster tunnel vision
- Organizations fear the costs of change
- Change may mean losing important clients
- Employees or interest groups dominate your company, contributing to organizational inertia